The policy of this school is to give preference in admission based on the following criteria. Students currently enrolled will have first priority and will be allowed to pre-register for the following year. Preference for admission is then given to students based on their status as defined herein below. The order of priority for enrollment purposes shall be:
- Children currently enrolled in St. Anthony.
- Siblings of children who are currently enrolled in St. Anthony.
- Children of active parishioners of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Madison, Mississippi.
- Children of active parishioners at other Catholic parishes.
- Children of other faith traditions.
Age Policy - No child shall be enrolled or admitted to kindergarten during any school year unless he/she will reach his/her fifth (5th) birthday on or before September 1st of said year.
Preschool Age Policy – Preschool children must be 3 years old by September 1 for the PK3 class and 4 years old by September 1 for the PK4 class. The Principal must approve any exception to this policy, which could include children seeking admission from out of state or out of the country with different age requirements.
All preschool children must be toilet trained.
Each new family seeking admissions for their child must complete an admissions package for each student.
- Parents must complete a Birth to Now Survey for each child.
- All new transfer students in grades First - Sixth will be required to complete grade-level assessments in Language Arts and Mathematics.
- Transfer students in grade levels Kindergarten – Sixth will be required to provide their most recent report card, school transcript, and a principal, teacher, or school counselor recommendation.
- All Kindergarten and transfer students may be asked to have a personal interview with the Principal.
- Admissions Committee will review applications, and parents will be notified by mail of student’s admission status.